- Annual Meeting - A meeting for all students on either a 504 or ISP will be held yearly. During this meeting, the team looks over the plan and assess how the plan is working and if any changes needs to be made.
- Child Find - Child Find requires all school districts to identify, locate and evaluate all children with disabilities, regardless of the severity of their disabilities and if they attend a private school.
- Domain Meeting - This meeting is when the team gets together to decide what types of evaluation and information are needed to get a full view of the student that will help the team to decide eligibility and services.
- Eligibility Meeting - This meeting is when the team gets together to go over what services, accommodations, modifications, etc. the student is eligible to receive.
- Learning Disability (LD) - Learning disabilities are neurologically-based processing problems. These processing problems can interfere with learning basic skills such as reading, writing and/or math. They can also interfere with higher level skills such as organization, time planning, abstract reasoning, long or short term memory and attention.
- Standard Score - Test developers calculate the statistical average based on the performance of students tested in the norming process of test development. That score is assigned a value. Different performance levels are calculated based on the differences in student scores from the statistical average and are expressed as standard deviations. These standard deviations are used to determine what scores fall within the above average, average, and below average ranges.
- Three Year Evaluation - The purpose of the 3 year revaluation is to determine if; the child continues to be a child with exceptionality, the child’s present levels of education performance and educational needs, if the child continues to need special education services, and if any modifications to the services are needed. The three year reevaluation does not require new testing be completed if the team members feel they can make the required determination with existing data.