Free 100&200-level Astronomy Tutoring
The Student Astronomical Society provides free tutoring for U of M students enrolled in any 100 & 200-level astronomy class. We can help you with homework sets, labs, and studying for midterms and exams. Please do as much of the assignment as you can before coming to tutoring. We are not here to do your homework for you, but we can answer any specific questions you have. Also bring anything relevant to the assignment such as textbooks and class notes.
- For fall 2015, tutoring will tentatively take place on Wednesdays from 5:30 PM - 7 PM in 302 West Hall (Serpens Room).
- Winter 2015 tutoring has ended. There will be no additional tutoring sessions until fall 2015.
- Tutoring during the fall and winter terms is run by the SAS officers, who are mostly upperclassmen astronomy & astrophysics majors. Many are physics majors as well, and others are pursuing degrees in related fields, such as engineering and chemistry. Tutoring is free of charge and the department does not pay us to provide this service, so please keep that in mind when you come.
- We are not professional astronomers or tutors; we are merely "professional students" who have taken some of the same classes as you and are willing to help you better understand the material. Perfection is not guaranteed, but our best effort is!
- If you have questions about tutoring or would like to schedule an alternate time for tutoring, please email the officers at sas-officers at umich.edu.