The Summer 2014 Public Observing schedule has been posted here
. We will generally have a meeting the Wednesday before an open house at 8 PM in 807 Dennison.
- If you would like to purchase a SAS t-shirt or hoodie, please contact the SAS officers. Their e-mail can be found on the Links page.
Public Observing Nights:
- Check out our Open House page for more information on the current schedule. Thanks for joining us.
Free Astronomy Tutoring:
- SAS holds free tutoring sessions for 100 & 200-level Astronomy students one night a week during the Fall and Winter terms. Tutoring is held in classroom 807 of the Dennison building. Take the elevator to the 8th floor and turn right down the hallway until the end. Unfortunately, tutoring is not offered during the Spring and Summer semesters.
- We can help you with your homework, labs, studying for exams, or just answering your general questions about astronomy. Please come with specific questions, as we can't do your entire homework set for you.
- For answers to other questions and to schedule an alternate time for tutoring, please check the tutoring page.
- For Winter 2014, tutoring will take place on Thursdays from 5:30 PM - 7 PM in 807 Dennison starting on January 16th.
- Meetings are held on the 8th floor of Dennison, in room 807, and are generally at 8:00pm on Wednesdays before scheduled open houses. These meetings are generally administrative in nature, but anyone is welcome to come if they would like to help plan astronomy events on campus such as the Public Open Houses at the Angell Hall Observatory, 100-level astronomy tutoring, public inreaches with local elementary/middle schools, observing trips for events such as meteor showers, eclipses, star parties, etc.
SAS is a member of the University Activities Center!
SAS is also a member of NASA's Night Sky Network