Family Support Resources:
Community Action Partnership of Strafford County www.straffordcap.org
- Serves to provide families with basic needs, including food, education, child care, utilities assistance, transportation, housing, emergency shelter, and access to other services.
2-1-1 NH 211.org
- Connects NH residents to the most up to date resources they need from specially trained information and referral specialists. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
Healthy Place healthyplace.com
- Provides information and support to people with mental health concerns, along with their family members and other loved ones.
Kids' Health kidshealth.org
- Provides youth and families with relevant information regarding all aspects of teen life.
NAMI NH www.naminh.org
- Serves to improve the quality of life for all by providing support, education, and advocacy for people affected by mental illness.
- Provides information and resources regarding substance misuse and mental health disorders.
Step Up Parents https://www.stepupparents.net/
- Step Up Parents provides financial assistance to kinship caregivers in New Hampshire who are raising the children of parents with substance use disorder.
- Information and resource guide for GrandFamilies; grandparents who are raising their grandchildren.
- 10 ways to help your teen succeed in high school: kidshealth.org/en/parents/school-help-teens.html
- Parenting teens: www.wfm.noaa.gov/pdfs/ParentingYourTeen_Handout1.pdf
- Resource guide for relative caregivers: www.dhhs.nh.gov/dcyf/documents/relativecaregivers.pdf
- Supporting teens with anxiety and depression: parentingstrategies.net/depression/
- Helping children cope with trauma: https://www.helpguide.org/articles/ptsd-trauma/helping-children-cope-with-traumatic-stress.htm
- Anxiety information and resources
- Music and art therapy support groups for adults and children.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255