Upcoming Performance/Important Dates:
Friday, December 14, 2018 - Winter Band Concert
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - Spring Band/Choir Concert
The beginning band is comprised of students in their first year of playing an instrument. This group will start meeting near the end of the first nine weeks. Members of this ensemble will perform two concerts annually.
BE PART OF THE BAND!
Starting in 5th Grade, students may start to learn to play a musical instrument. Students may choose one of the following instruments from the woodwind, brass, or percussion family.
Mallets (xylophone, bells, etc.) and Snare Drum
Other percussion instruments will be added as needed
Here is some helpful information as you begin this new experience.
- Band is for everyone
- Being in band or learning to play an instrument is a lifetime activity
- Band meets during the school day - we rarely meet after school, especially at the elementary level
- Students can play an instrument and play sports
- Students can play an instrument and be in chorus and elementary ensemble
- Learning to play an instrument will not happen overnight or even in a week.
Selecting an Instrument
- Play the instrument that is right for YOU or the instrument YOU like
- Choose an instrument that sounds good to you
Acquiring an Instrument
- You or your parents do not need to go out today and buy an instrument
- We will discuss your options in the Fall
- Purchasing an instrument online is often not the best option
BE PART OF THE BAND - PARENT VIDEO
BE PART OF THE BAND - STUDENTS