These are the learning outcomes established for the SUNY General Education Requirements in 2000. The category names are Oswego's own. The outcomes in red focus on the practice of information literacy.
The Writing and Critical Thinking outcomes are included here because:
• perform the basic operations of personal computer use;
• understand and use basic research techniques; and
• locate, evaluate, and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
• produce coherent texts within common college-level written forms;
• demonstrate the ability to revise and improve such texts; and
• research a topic, develop an argument, and organize supporting details.
• identify, analyze, and evaluate arguments as they occur in their own or others' work; and
• develop well-reasoned arguments.