SCIENTIFIC METHOD or ENGINEERING DESIGN PROCESS
The Lowville Elementary Science Fair requires students to do a project that reflects the Scientific Method or the Engineering Design Process
The Scientific Method Includes:
- Question (focus of your inquiry/your wonder that you set out to answer)
• Identify a scientific (testable) question you would like to investigate.
• Ask a question that can be investigated and predict a reasonable outcome based on patterns such as cause and effect relationships.
• Ask a question about what would happen if a variable is changed.
- Background Research
• Propose a prediction based on your background research (this is your hypothesis)
Prepare an experiment or building design plan to test your hypothesis
- Materials & Procedure
- Investigation Trials (Results)
- Conclusion & Discussion
- Bibliography of the research information
- Presentation (display at the Fair)