Welcome to the Parent Meeting
Terry Mitchell, Driver Education Chair
Arrive and Park
- Attendance at the PARENT MEETING is mandatory; you should come any time between 3:30 - 5:00. You should expect to be there about 20 minutes.
- Everyone should enter and exit from the entrance door near the library in K-building. There is plenty of parking in front of the school.
- However, if you arrive around 3:30, traffic will be heavy. The front gate will be closed, and you will have to go to the light, turn left and enter through the student parking lot.
Complete and Bring
- The WHITE Restricted Instruction Permit and the PURPLE Class Rules & Requirements Form (that your student received at school prior to the Parent Meeting) should be filled out neatly and completely prior to the meeting.
- Please use black or blue ink. Non-readable forms will lead to delays in scheduling your student.
- Forms will be checked upon entrance. Parents who arrive with incomplete forms will have to complete them before proceeding through the meeting.
- On the Restricted Instruction Permit, be sure to submit all phone numbers that may be used to contact the student. This is how the student is scheduled for the in-car part of Driver Education. Invalid or unreadable numbers will cause delays in scheduling for your student.
- $55 Driver Education fee. Checks should be made out to Davie High School.
- At the meeting, your student will have an eye examination and should bring contacts or glasses if needed.
- At the meeting, your student will receive a NC Driver’s Handbook and other critical information for navigating the on-line portion (BlackBoard) of the class.
Get More Information
- The new DE website is available to answer many of your questions. The web address is sites.google.com/a/davie.k12.nc.us/dhs_drivered. Anyone may access this website at any time.
- If you have questions that the website does not answer, contact Mr. Mitchell. The preferred, most efficient method is through e-mail: email@example.com.
- Driver Education has been mostly funded by the state this year; however, there is a $55 fee that must be submitted before doing the online segment. Checks should be made to Davie High School.
- Our staff is fully certified with a combined total of 100+ years of Driver Education Experience.
- Davie High’s eight Driver Education instructors welcome the opportunity to teach your student one of the most important courses he/she can take at the high school.