Live educator learnshops are fun, interactive learning sessions that empower educators to immediately implement what they learned. Each session is synchronous with availability to host up to 100 participants per session.
Please feel free to reach out to me to find out more about each learnshop or if you want to schedule a time for your school(s). If you are interested in having more than 10 events, please contact me about bundle pricing.
Live Educator Learnshop Bite-Size Edition
Empower Student Voice (using FlipGrid and Microsoft PowerPoint Recorder)
The Asynchronous Classroom with FlipGrid
Minecraft Immersion for blended Teaching and Learning (4-part series)
The Connected, Engaged, Inquiry-driven, Problem-Solving, Creating and Collaborating Classroom with Microsoft Teams (2-part series)
OneNote Class Notebook: The Everything Digital Binder
Creating your Inclusive Classroom with Microsoft & Blended Learning
19+ Ways to Use Video Meetings for Remote Learning
REcording Video and Screens for Mini-Lessons in Blended Learning
Make Google Classroom Effective and Efficient for Blended Learning
Interactive Slides from Creation to Presenting
Creating and Utilizing Virtual Tours using Google Tour Creator
Formative Assessment Using Online Tools for Blended Learning
Creating Student Portfolios with Google Sites
How to Make Accessibility accessible with Google Workspace for Education
19 Ways to Use Video Meetings for Remote Learning
One of the most import aspects of transitioning to remote learning is keeping similar schedules (if possible for meetings) and similar procedures not only each virtual day of school, but also thinking about times and schedules you had on-site in school (lunch, recess, morning meeting, mid-morning mindfulness, etc.). If it feels like your normal class discussions or conversations it will make the transition easier. Also, consider creating dress-up or themed days so students can have fun, feel a sense of community and distinguish one day from the next. Lastly, remember you can record the entire video meeting and share with those who missed it or might need to see again. This should be done as a way to have transparency over what occurs in your virtual meetings. (Take this short course to learn more)
Here is a quick list of ways you could utilize video meetings.
1. Explain and share information (As you know, people do not always read carefully!)
3. Mini-lessons for small groups
5. Mindfulness moments
6. Planning with colleagues
7. Class discussions
8. Eat lunch together and be social
9. Parent support
10. Screensharing to provide visual step-by-steps
11. Shared experience through reading live or watching a video together
12. Small group support to personalize student needs
13. Project sharing of student work and presentations
14. Office hours to be available for student and parent needs
15. Bring experts to share information. (Reach out to scientists, executives, professors, other teachers, etc.)
16. Share work and construct projects that involve collaboration across classes
17. Use engaging tools for lessons such as Pear Deck, Edpuzzle, Nearpod, and Desmos to interact with your class
18. Don't forget the arts - plan time for creative activities in fine arts, music, and theater
19. Check-in times and progress monitoring since much of the work may be independent and students may not want to share with a large group or say they don't understand something unless you ask.
+ Have a mystery guest each week join your virtual class meeting (Mystery Skype has lots of resources on how or go about on your own with your Google or Zoom platform also.)
NEED HELP? The 2021-22 School Year is waiting... Learning Support for a Post COVID19 classroom
Every educator deserves to have the essentials needed to integrate technology for teaching and learning. Nic provides custom technology training and integration for educators, nonprofits, and businesses that empower people to confidently employ their new skills. He is an educator of 20 years and has been recognized as a Google for Education Certified Trainer, Google for Education Certified Innovator, Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert and Fellow, Apple Teacher and SMART Certified Education Consultant. He is ready to help you and your organization whether it is training for 10 or 1000.
Nic is Blended Tech Learning!
Over the past 10 years Nic has been a leader in digital teaching and learning impacting directly over 35,000 educators and counting with...
When you need professional learning expertise and quality, turn to Nic at Blended Tech Learning.
Official Education Partner
BlendEDTECHlearning is proud to be an education partner with these corporations.