- Local Scholarships will be listed on this website.
- Most colleges and universities also offer scholarships. Be sure to check with these institutions for application information.
- Scholarships are awarded based on a wide array of criteria: grades, extracurricular activities, volunteer hours recognition's & awards, financial need, random drawings, career choices- just to name a few. If you have any questions, just ask.
- Most local scholarships through the counseling office don't come out until January or February (see below to see what is currently available).
Possible Scholarship Avenues
- Clubs & Organizations in which the student/parent belongs
- Companies where the student/parent works
- Religious affiliations
- Unions parents belong to
- Guidance office/ Counselor Webpage
Scholarship Search Engines
- Click on the following links to look for scholarships online
Avoiding Scholarship Scams:
- Never pay for help searching for scholarships
- Never pay a fee for applying for a scholarship
- Get everything in writing
- Investigate the company
- Never provide credit card or checking account information