About Flipped Classroom
This semester in Pre-Calculus we will be implementing the 'Flipped Classroom' model. Below are some good resources that explain how it works and it's benefits.
Tips for students to make the Flipped Classroom work!
- Watch lessons in a quiet, peaceful environment, just like you would other homework.
- Turn notifications on your phone off and try to reduce any other distractions.
- Use headphones -- the audio is just as important as the video!
- Watch on a screen larger than your phone.
- Pause & rewind frequently to copy down notes and digest information.
- At a minimum, copy down everything shown on screen and repeated verbally.
- Rewatch whenever needed.
- Print and use guided notes when they are available.
- If extra examples are given, be sure to try them and come with questions to next class.
- Personalize your notes -- add color, doodles, comments -- make them your own.
- Study your notes after you take them! They are a great resource!
- Take responsibility for your learning…
Flory's Flipped Classroom FAQ (modified from Mrs. Kirsch's 'Flipped Classroom Letter for Parents')
More resources from other educators
I hope that this wealth of information about the flipped classroom gives you a better idea of what Mr. Flory's classroom will look like this semester and the reasoning behind it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at JFLORY@wcpss.net.