WOCCI 2017 – Workshop on Child Computer Interaction
Satellite event of ICMI' 2017, Glasgow, Scotland November 13, 2017
Call for Papers
WOCCI aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry working in all aspects of child-machine interaction including computer, robotics and multi-modal interfaces. Children are special both at the acoustic/linguistic level but also at the interaction level. WOCCI provides a unique opportunity for bringing together different research communities from cognitive science, computer vision, robotics, speech processing, linguistics and application areas such as medicine and education. Various state-of-the-art systems can be presented here as key components for next generation child-centered computer interaction. Technological advances are increasingly necessary in a world where education and health pose growing challenges to the core well-being of our societies. Noticeable examples are remedial treatments for children with or without disabilities and individualized attention. The workshop will serve as a venue for presenting recent advances in core technologies as well as experimental systems and prototypes.
Papers are solicited on any technical areas relevant to the workshop. The technical scope of the workshop includes, but it is not limited to:
- Speech Interfaces: acoustic and linguistic analysis of children's speech, discourse analysis of spoken language in child machine interaction, age-dependent characteristics of spoken language, automatic speech recognition for children and spoken dialogue systems
- Multi-modality and Robotics: multi-modal child machine interaction, multi-modal input and output interfaces, including robotic interfaces, intrusive, non-intrusive devices for environmental data processing, pen or gesture/visual interfaces
- User Modelling: user modelling and adaptation, usability studies accounting for age preferences in child machine interaction
- Cognitive Models: internal learning models, personality types, user-centred and participatory design
- Application Areas: training systems, educational software, gaming interfaces, medical conditions and diagnostic tools
The technical committee will select papers for oral/poster presentation.
The program committee welcomes submissions of papers 4 - 6 pages in length, formatted according to the Interspeech 2017 style guidelines. Submissions can be made at the WOCCI 2017 EasyChair submission page. The technical committee will select papers for oral and poster presentations. Accepted papers will be published in the ISCA archive. WOCCI 2017 reviewing will be double-blind; accordingly, paper submissions should not include the authors' names and affiliations.
July 17, 2017: Initial paper submission deadline (title and authors should not be changed after this date)
July 24, 2017: Final paper submission deadline
August 21, 2017: Notification of paper acceptance
September 18, 2017: Camera-ready paper submission deadline
November 13, 2017: WOCCI 2017 Workshop at ICMI