The VBEA Legislative Committee represents business educators from throughout the Commonwealth. Each of the 11 regional representatives to the VBEA Board identifies a team of 10 members and encourages individual and team action in legislative activities.
The VBEA Legislative Committee has three goals:
- Keep the Association informed of legislative issues at the State and National levels.
- Establish a State legislative team.
- Continue expansion of State legislative network of teachers.
It is important for all members to be familiar with the Virginia ACTE Issues and Solutions Document. We need to be in a position to speak knowledgeably to policy makers about our key issues and concerns. The Virginia ACTE Issues and Solutions document is updated annually and can be found at the Virginia ACTE Website.
Virginia ACTE Legislative Seminar
January 10-11th, 2019
- VBEA members are encouraged to plan ahead and participate in the Virginia ACTE Legislative Seminar.
- VBEA is looking for one representative from each school division in Virginia to be represented at this seminar. Visit the Virginia ACTE Web site for registration information.
- Additional Legislative Activities can be found in the VBEA Bulletin.