Female high school senior of Vietnamese ancestry attending high school in Silicon Valley.
First year entrance into a college or university during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Selection criteria include: financial need, commitment to community service, leadership
abilities, and the potential for leadership.
Scholarships are conditional:
VAPW reserves the right to perform social media search of candidates.
Funds will not be disbursed until the recipient provides proof of enrollment at a college or university that is approved by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
Candidates must complete the online application in full and submit all required supporting documents.
All finalists must attend an in-person interview with the Scholarship Selection Committee on the evening of [MARCH 2020 - EXACT DATE TBD]
Scholarship recipients must attend the Scholarship Award Dinner on the evening of May 30, 2020
Proof of college/university enrollment required in order to receive Award check.
Children of VAPW Board Members and Scholarship Selection Committee are not eligible.
1) Completed Scholarship Application (Link to Online Form)
2) Current transcript
3) Personal Statement (12 Times Roman font, double space, 2 pages maximum, 1 inch margins)
a. your past, present and future service to the Vietnamese community; and
b. what does winning VAPW Scholarship mean to you.
4) Letters of Recommendations (optional, maximum of 2 letters)
1) Completed online applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm FEB 29, 2020
2) Official transcripts to be sent via US Mail postmarked by FEB 29, 2020 to
Comerica Bank- 333 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113
ATTN: Mrs. Thao Nguyen, Senior Vice President - Middle Market Banking Group.
12th floor; Mail code: 4850