Become a Member
Build leadership and organizational skills
Build and grow your professional network
Connect with and give back to your local community
VAPW members will commit themselves to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct and fulfill member duties as stipulated in Article 12 of our Bylaws.
ARTICLE 12: MEMBERS
SECTION 1. DETERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIPMembership eligibility will require submission of the Membership Application and Membership Fee (renews annually on Feb 1). Students are eligible to be honorary members.
SECTION 2. DUTIES OF MEMBERS
In order to maintain current membership, members must:
(a) Commit themselves to VAPW’s objectives and purposes, as outlined above in Article 2, Section 1;
(b) Annually attend and participate in at least 1 VAPW meeting open to members;
(c) Annually attend and participate in at least 1 VAPW event;
(d) Assist with any additional duties requested by the board of directors, related to the objectives and purposes of VAPW, as able.
Members do not have voting rights to determine issues concerning the association.
SECTION 3. COMPENSATIONMembers will not receive compensation for services rendered for the association which relate to the performance of the charitable or public purposes of this association.
1. Complete the below membership application.
- The first two fields are required.
- Additional information you provide will help us to better serve our members and our community. Thank you for joining our mission!
2. Submit a $50 membership fee:
- via PayPal to Account: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- via Check, payable to "VAPWSV" and mail to