News and Events
Date July 2019
We are really happy for our new paper published in ACS Infectious Disease
New antimicrobial compounds to fight infectious diseases !!!!!!
- Blanco-Cabra., Vega-Granados, K., Moya-Andérico, L., Vukomanovic, M., Parra, A., de Cienfuegos, LA., Torrents, E. (2019). Novel Oleanolic and Maslinic Acid Derivatives as a Promising Treatment against Bacterial Biofilm in Nosocomial Infections: An in Vitro and in Vivo Study. ACS Infectious Disease.
Date 4 February 2019
We published a new papers on drug delivery !!!!!
See our new publication about the development of a new methodology to investigate antimicrobial activity in metallic, plasmonic or highly dense nanoparticles.
- Vukomanovic, M., Torrents, E. (2019). High time resolution and high signal-to-noise monitoring of the bacterial growth kinetics in the presence of plasmonic nanoparticles. Jounal of Nanotechnology. 17:21.
Date 23 December 2018
We published three new papers about new antimicrobials.
- Miret, L., Baelo, A., Julián, E., Astola, J., Lobo-Ruiz, A., Albericio, F., and Torrents, E. (2018). Hydroxylamine derivatives as a new paradigm in the search of antibacterial agents. ACS Omega. 3: 17057-17069.
- Pujol, E., Blanco-Cabra, N., Julián, E., Leiva, R., Torrents, E* and Vázquez, S*. (2018). Pentafluorosulfanyl-containing triclocarban analogs with potent antimicrobial activity. Molecules. 23(11): 2853.
- Ohui, K., Afanasenko, E., Bacher, F., Lim Xue Ting, R., Zafar, A., Blanco-Cabra, N., Torrents, E., Dömötör, O., May, NV., Darvasiova, D., Enyedy, EA., Popović-Bijelić, A., Reynisson, J., Rapta, P., Babak, MV., Pastorin, G., Arion, VB. (2018). New Water-Soluble Copper(II) Complexes with Morpholine-Thiosemicarbazone Hybrids as Potential Anticancer and Antibacterial Drugs. J. Med. Chemistry. Accepted.
Date 20 December 2017
Why Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection becames chronic ???
- Crespo, A., Pedraz, L., Van der Hofstadt., Gomilla, G. and Torrents, E. (2017). Regulation of ribonucleotide synthesis by the Pseudomonas aeruginosa two-component system AlgR in response to oxidative stress. Scientific Reports 7: 17892.
Date 23 NOVEMBER 2017
NEW PUBLICATION in colaboration with the HOLSPITAL VALL D'HEBORN RESEARCH INSTITUTE:
Basas,J., Palau, M., Ratia, C., del Pozo, JL., Martín-Gómez, MT., Gomis, X., Torrents, E., Almirante, B and Gavaldà, J. (2017). High-dose daptomycin is effective as an antibiotic-lock therapy in a rabbit model of Staphylococcus epidermidis catheter-related infection. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. In Press.
Date 18 October 2017
NEW PUBLICATION IN THE LAB:
Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 strain is not an ideal bacteria for the screening of new antimicrobial drugs.
Crespo, A., Gavaldà, J., Julián, E., Torrents, E. (2017). A single point mutation in class III ribonucleotide reductase promoter renders Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 inefficient for anaerobic growth and infection. Scientific Reports 7: 13350.
Date 24 August 2016
We are waiting for the new team members in the lab (new PhD students, new PostDoc, new Master students, etc).
Date 10 August 2016
NEW PUBLICATION IN THE LAB:
Basas, J., Morer, A., Ratia, C., Martín, MT., del Pozo, JL., Gomis, X., Rojo-Molinero, E., Torrents, E., Almirante, B., Gavaldà, J. (2016). Efficacy of anidulafungin in the treatment of experimental Candida parapsilosis catheter infection using and antifungal-lock technique. Jounal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. In Press.
Date 1 Ma7 2016
Our recent laboratory publication. In this paper we study the role of each ribonucleotide reductase gene during Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm formation.
Crespo A, Pedraz L, Astola J and Torrents E (2016). Pseudomonas aeruginosa exhibits deficient biofilm formation in the absence of class II and III ribonucleotide reductases due to hindered anaerobic growth. Frontiers in Microbiology. 7:688.
Date 28 Abril 2015
New publications in our laboratory. In the Plos One we study the molecular basis of ribonucleotide reductase gene expression. In the Journal Controlled Release we explore the use of new PLGA nanoparticle to combat bacterial chronic bacterial infections.
- Baelo, A., Levato, R., Julián, E., Crespo, A., Astola, J., Gavaldà, J., Engel, E., Mateos-Timoneda, A., Torrents, E. (2015). Disassembling bacterial extracellular matrix with DNase-coated nanoparticles to enhance antibiotic delivery in biofilm infections. Journal Controlled Release. In Press.
- Crespo, A., Pedraz, L., Torrents, E. (2015). Function of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa NrdR Transcription Factor: Global Transcriptomic Analysis and Its Role on Ribonucleotide Reductase Gene Expression. PLoS ONE 10(4): e0123571.
Date 19-March 2015
New publication in PLoS One with the identification of a new molecule to combat bacterial infections.
Julián, E., Baelo, A., Gavaldà, J., Torrents, E. (2015). Methyl-Hydroxylamine as an Efficacious Antibacterial Agent That Targets the Ribonucleotide Reductase Enzyme. PLoS ONE 10(3): e0122049.
Date: 21-January 2015
New publication in Infection and Immunity descriving the role of the ribonucleotide reductase NrdR and NrdDG in Escherichia coli LF82 infection.
Dreux, N., Cendra, MM., Massier, S., Darfeuille-Michaud, A., Barnich, N., Torrents, E. (2015). Ribonucleotide reductase NrdR as a novel regulator for motility and chemotaxis during adherent-invasive Escherichia coli infection. Infection and Immunity. In Press.