We make our building available (for Free, Low, or Reduced Cost) for meetings for non-profit organizations in the area (Kitsap County).
- Come in and tour the facility. For other non-profits, we offer a discount on our rates, charge a cleaning fee, or charge a low per person fee for use of the venue on our low demand days, typically mid-week.
- With board approval, weekend rentals may be available for this program as well. Please contact Virgil Valdez for more information at (360) 471-0491 or email@example.com.
Meeting the needs of our seniors is central to building community with our neighbors.
- We host a social activity and monthly luncheon for our community elders in conjunction with Chuckwagon and Meals on Wheels. We always have a cake to celebrate birthdays during the month. Typically we have dancing and karaoke after the meal.
We support the youth in our community by providing a place to study. We offer cultural enrichment to our youth through dance programs, pageants, and essay contests.
- Math Tutoring: Board member Carl Jakobsson is a retired structural engineer who enjoys helping kids get a head start on math. He is offering tutoring every Thursday, 3-4 PM, to work with kids from K - 10th grade on math for FREE! Carl strongly believes in math as a strong foundation for school success. Contact Carl at (360)471-4401, or firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
Young Adult Program
Miss Fil-Am Kitsap 2017 Abigail Anton is spearheading a young adult program at the center which aims to create a community of older teens and young adults. Abigail, a student at Olympic College, would like to see more young people in the center. Those years right after high school and during college typically leaves young adults with a gap in activities appropriate to their age -- too old to go to high school functions and too young to go to clubs in the city. Along with her partner, Joseph, they have big plans for this space!
- Movie nights: Every 4th Friday after Karaoke, the youth take over and have movie night from 10 PM - 2 AM.
- Gamer tournaments: Video gaming tournaments for local teens and adults. Details TBD. Tentative first date is Sunday, March 31, 2019, 10 AM - 8 PM.
- Bakery: Joseph & Abigail are working on starting a bakery here at the center. This was a dream of our late board member Russell Gonzales. More details to come.
- Filipino Dance: Fe Burch leads and teaches a traditional dance troupe in our center. Her dances feature performances from all over the Philippine Islands. For information or booking performances, please contact Fe directly at email@example.com.
- Filipino Songs:
- Board member Virgil Valdez offers guitar and singing lessons of Filipino songs every Thursday 3-4 PM, free of charge. He needs an RSVP 1 week prior your attendance so he has enough song sheets. Please contact Virgil directly at (360) 471-0491 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Karaoke nights happen every 4th Friday of the month. Tagalog and English songs are available to sing.
- Filipino Art Display: We have many artifacts from the Philippines around our center. Many of the items are donated from our members, especially from Board Member Elvira Gonzales. Come in for a visit.
- Interested in conversational Tagalog? How about improving your English skills? Please come on by and meet other like minded individuals during our many monthly social events, especially our Senior Luncheon on the 3rd Sunday of every month. You may meet your new best friend! Check out our events page.
- October 2017 saw our first Filipino History and Heritage celebration in honor of Filipino History Month! In a 3 hour program, attendees were treated to films about our history, toured artifacts of the Philippines, enjoyed a potluck from our members, and watched many performances of traditional dance and song.
- Annual Bataan Remembrance: The first Saturday in April closest to April 9, we honor the fallen at Bataan Park on Sylvan Way in Bremerton. The Bataan Death March claimed the lives of thousands of Filipino and American allies in World War II. The 2019 observance will be on April 6, 2019, Saturday.
- Whenever we get together, be assured that there will be food! Part of the entry fee to many of our events covers dinner. Check out our events page and the calendar for more information.
- Our young adult group plans to launch a baked goods fundraiser with traditional baked items of the Philippines! Watch this space for more information.
Health and Fitness
Our members offer physical activity programs that build community and strengthen our bodies. There is a fee or donation collected at the top of each class. Please check with instructors about their preferences.
- Ping-pong: Kitsap Table Tennis Club meets on Mondays 5:30 - 8:30 PM. Drop in fee is $5/session.
- Line Dancing Classes: Board Members Fe & Tess teach line dancing during every senior luncheon! Bring your dancing shoes! We would like to add a Thursday dance class if there is interest. Please let us know. Email email@example.com.