The Dance Space
The Dance Space News - June 25th
- The West Coast Swing Rally (Flashmob) class at TDS is a GO! The Dance Space will be running a class Wednesday nights, 7-8pm, starting on June 5th. The class is drop-in (as you are available) and is $10 per session. The class is followed by a practice dance until 10pm.
- Beginner Dancers! Come learn "partner dancing" at The Dance Space to get started dancing or to spice up your club-dancing experience. Learn a new dance every Thursday. In 6 weeks you end up having covered the 6 major Ballroom/Latin/Swing dances. No advanced registration required. No dance partner needed. No dance experience needed. $10 for class and practice.
- Beginner Lesson 7-8pm. 6/27 class is Foxtrot
- Beginner Practice/Coaching 8-9pm. 6/27 is Foxtrot
- Click here for "Partner Dancing" details.
- New: 8-8:30 group class on Friday nights! The TDS Friday dance will now include a 30 minute lesson at no extra charge. The lessons will focus on core dance skills rather than specific dances/steps.
- 6/07 - Phyllis Harris:
- 6/14 - Michael Strahan
- 6/21 - No class on our Latin Party night
- 6/28 - Michael Strahan
- There is a TDS Dance every Friday Night! On the 1st, 2nd and 4th Fridays the dance will be a Ballroom/Latin/Swing mix from 8-10pm ($7/person). On the 3rd Friday (5/17) we have a Salsa/Bachata/Merengue Dance from 9-11:30pm ($5/person).
- Sunday pre-party classes (6-7pm). Price for lesson & party is $12 per person.
- Phyllis Harris Country Waltz - June 2nd
- Adela & Eddie West Coast Swing Coaching - June 9th
Special class which does not include dance party ($18 for both)
- Father's Day Dance Only, no lesson - June 16th
- Ashley Byrd Country Two Step - June 23rd
- John Holcomb Intermediate Cha Cha - June 30th
- Need a dance lesson? Check out our INSTRUCTORS page which provides a list of the independent instructors teaching at The Dance Space.
Typical Weekly Events
(see calendar below for this month's events):
Open Group classes:
- Sun 6-7pm: Sunday pre-party classes (see above list)
- Mon 5:45-6:45pm: SHiNE Dance Fitness
- Mon 7-8pm: 'The Salsa Guy' Basic Salsa, Basic Rueda Salsa
- Mon 8-9pm: 'The Salsa Guy' Intermediate Salsa
- Wed 7-8pm: West Coast Swing Flashmob Class
- Thur 7-8pm: Beginner Ballroom
- Thur 8-9pm: Beginner Ballroom Practice/Coaching
- Fri 8-8:30pm: Skills Class (see above list, except 6/21)
- Sat 7:30-8:30pm: Beginner Swing Lesson (except 6/22, 6/29)
- Sat 7-8pm: West Coast Swing Lesson (6/22 only)
- Sun 7-9pm : Ballroom Dance Party
- Wed 8-10pm: West Coast Swing Practice Dance
- Thur 8-9pm: Beginner Practice/Coaching
- Friday 8-10pm: Ballroom Dance Party (except 6/21)
- Friday 9-11:30pm: Salsa, Bachata, Merengue Dance (6/21 only)
- Sat 8:30-11:30pm: Open Swing Dancing (except 6/22, 6/29)
- Sat 8-11pm: Open West Coast Swing Dancing (6/22 only)
We Want To Hear From You!
The Dance Space is looking for feedback from you! We need your perspective on our studio, to make your dancing experience more enjoyable.
- What do you like or don't like
- What new classes/events would you like to see?
- What can we improve or what good ideas should we try?
Wedding Dance Preparation
If you are getting ready for a wedding, The Dance Space can set you up with a Wedding Dance routine that will make you feel like you are on Dancing With The Stars. We have several wedding prep packages available or we can build a custom program to meet your specific needs.
Rent our Facility!
The Dance Space is available to be rented. We have a package for turning our Friday Night Ballroom dance into a birthday event for you and your friends. We are also available for exhibitions, special events, fitness classes, group dance classes, private dances and business events. Our 1,800 sq ft main ballroom is perfect for any activity requiring a large, comfortable indoor space complete with audio-visual equipment.
For independent dance teachers, we have an hourly shared-floor rate to accommodate your private dance instruction needs on a cost effective basis.
Keep in touch!
Join our mailing list!
Get an update on upcoming The Dance Space events in your inbox every Monday morning. Sign up for our weekly e-mail list.
Simply email us to get added or enter your name and e-mail address, in the form at the bottom of this web page, and click the SUBMIT button.
Like us on Facebook!
Welcome to The Dance Space
The Dance Space is a dance facility run by Ginny Engler and Mike Recant. We have been open since April of 1992 and we are dedicated to promoting Ballroom Dancing in the Richmond, VA metropolitan area. We have a 1,600 square foot wooden dance floor and state-of-the-art sound system that is used for regularly scheduled dance events and instruction.
We are not a dance studio in the traditional sense. The Dance Space is a facility that is used in the following ways:
- Holding public Ballroom Dances on a regular basis
- Providing public Ballroom Dance Group Lessons on a regular basis for both non-dancers and experienced dancers
- Rental of floor space to independent professional Ballroom Dance instructors for both private and group instruction
- Rental of floor space to established amateur and professional dance organizations for dances, classes and other events
SHiNE Dance Fitness at The Dance Space:
Click below to display our monthly calendar or to show a map to The Dance Space:
The Dance Space is on the second floor of a small shopping center directly on Broad Street. It is located half way between Horsepen Road and Libbie Avenue on the North side of Broad. The studio is above the Mekong Restaurant with our entrance downstairs to the right of the Mekong.
Links to other local Ballroom Dancing related resources:
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
The Dance Space publishes a weekly e-mail to keep our customers informed about classes and events at The Dance Space. Very occasionally we may also send an important announcement to you via e-mail, like a snow-closing announcement. By joining our mailing list you are agreeing to accept these e-mail messages from us.
Please adjust your junk-mail or spam-filtering software to accept messages from firstname.lastname@example.org.