The Dance Space
The Dance Space News - July 17th
- NEW! Friday, July 20th from 8-9pm, Baramon Kolb and Tammy M. Davis are starting weekly open classes that will focus on WCS drills and technique for those wanting to take their WCS to the next level. The goal is to teach you the things you don't get in group classes. Instructors will be very hands on with the students by offering one on one help. You will learn the technique AND you will actually get to feel what is being taught with instructors. Classes will not focus on patterns; instead, the focus will be on understanding cause and effect of our movements, proper connection, body shaping, styling, musicality, technique, concepts, creativity and competition readiness.
- July Friday Night Dance - Friday, July 27th, $8
- 8pm to 10:30 (no lesson)
- Ballroom, Latin, Swing, mix
- DJ Mike Recant
- Need a dance lesson? Check out our INSTRUCTORS page which provides a list of the independent instructors teaching at The Dance Space.
- Tango Beginner Series starts Thursday, July 12th (7-8pm, $7)
- 2018 WCS Flash-Mob Class, 7pm Wednesdays in July (except 7/4)
- Sunday pre-party classes (6-7pm, $10):
- Phyllis Intermediate Bolero - July 1st
- Ashley Intermediate West Coast Swing - July 8th
- Phyllis Silver Waltz - July 15th
- Doug Intermediate Country 2 Step - July 22nd
- Phyllis Intermediate Salsa - July 29th
- SAVE THE DATE - Friday, September 7th - Our Grand Re-Opening Dance Party!
Typical Weekly Events
(see calendar below for this month's events):
- Sun 6-7pm: Sunday pre-party classes (see above list)
- Mon 7-8pm: 'The Salsa Guy' Basic Salsa
- Mon 8-9pm: 'The Salsa Guy' Int Salsa
- Wed 7-8pm: WCS 2018 Flash-Mob Class
- Thur 7-8pm: Beginner Ballroom Series
- Fri 8-9pm: WCS Drills and Musicality
- Sat 7:30-8:30pm: Beginner Swing Lesson (except 7/28)
- Sun 7-9pm : Ballroom Dance Party
- Wed 8-10pm: West Coast Swing Practice Dance
- Sat 8:30-11pm: Open Swing Dancing (except 7/28)
Keep in touch!
Join our mailing list!
Get an update on upcoming The Dance Space events in your inbox every Monday morning. Sign up for our weekly e-mail list.
Simply enter your name and e-mail address, in the form at the bottom of this web page, and click the SUBMIT button.
Like us on Facebook!
We Want To Hear From You!
The Dance Space is looking for feedback from you! We need your perspective on our studio, to make your dancing experience more enjoyable.
- What do you like or don't like
- What new classes/events would you like to see?
- What can we improve or what good ideas should we try?
Simply use the form on our CONTACT page to send us your input.
Welcome to The Dance Space
The Dance Space is a dance facility run by Ginny Engler and Mike Recant. We have been open since April of 1992 and we are dedicated to promoting Ballroom Dancing in the Richmond, VA metropolitan area. We have a 1,600 square foot wooden dance floor and state-of-the-art sound system that is used for regularly scheduled dance events and instruction.
We are not a dance studio in the traditional sense. The Dance Space is a facility that is used in the following ways:
- Holding public Ballroom Dances on a regular basis
- Providing public Ballroom Dance Group Lessons on a regular basis for both non-dancers and experienced dancers
- Rental of floor space to independent professional Ballroom Dance instructors for both private and group instruction
- Rental of floor space to established amateur and professional dance organizations for dances, classes and other events
Click below to display our monthly calendar or to show a map to The Dance Space:
The Dance Space is on the second floor of a small shopping center directly on Broad Street. It is located half way between Horsepen Road and Libbie Avenue on the North side of Broad. The studio entrance is downstairs between the Mekong Restaurant and Banner Express.
Links to other local Ballroom Dancing related resources:
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
The Dance Space publishes a weekly e-mail to keep our customers informed about classes and events at The Dance Space. Very occasionally we may also send an important announcement to you via e-mail, like a snow-closing announcement. By joining our mailing list you are agreeing to accept these e-mail messages from us.
Please adjust your junk-mail or spam-filtering software to accept messages from email@example.com.