The Dance Space
The Dance Space News - March 20th
- Friday Ballroom/Latin/Swing mix Dance - All leaders just $4. 8-10pm, $7/person.
- Learn to Turn: Balance & Technique Class, Saturday March 23rd. The Salsa Guy and Phyllis Harris present two sessions, 11am and 12:30pm. The class is 1 hour in length and $15/person. The class will teach about doing turns (balance and technique) in any type of couple's dance. More info at https://www.facebook.com/events/2222277171394773/.
- This Saturday, March 23rd, is the West Coast Swing RVA Monthly Lesson and Dance. The lesson is 7-8pm with dancing from 8-11pm. More info at https://www.facebook.com/events/385614422268679/.
- NEW! West Coast Swing Wednesday is adding a Beginner WCS lessons.
6:30-7:20pm - West Coast Swing Beginner Lesson
7:20-8:10pm - West Coast Swing Level 2 Lesson
8:10-10pm - California Mix dance
- Beginner Ballroom at The Dance Space - Try something new! Every Thursday night you can just drop-in and start your Ballroom/Latin/Swing adventure. No advanced registration required. No dance partner needed. Take only the classes you want/need. $10 for class and practice.
- Beginner Lesson 7pm-7:45. 3/21 class is Foxtrot
- Beginner Practice/Coaching 7:45pm-9. 3/21 is Foxtrot
- There is a Dance every Friday Night! On the 1st, 2nd and 4th Fridays the dance will be a Ballroom/Latin/Swing mix from 8-10pm ($7/person). On the 3rd Friday we have a Salsa/Bachata/Merengue Dance from 9-11:30pm ($5/person).
- TDS welcomes SHiNE Dance Fitness. Mondays, from 5:45-6:45pm, SHiNE™ Dance Fitness will hold a weekly class. For more info go to https://www.shinedancefitness-rva.com .
- Sunday pre-party classes in March (6-7pm). Price for lesson & party is $12 per person.
- Ashley Byrd Level 2 West Coast Swing - Mar 3rd
- John Holcomb Intermediate Night Club Two Step - Mar 10th
- Doug McRae Country Two Step - Mar 17th
- Baramon Kolb Salsa - Mar 24th
- Phyllis Harris Beginner Argentine Tango - Mar 31st
- Need a dance lesson? Check out our INSTRUCTORS page which provides a list of the independent instructors teaching at The Dance Space.
Typical Weekly Events
(see calendar below for this month's events):
- Sun 6-7pm: Sunday pre-party classes (see above list)
- Mon 5:45-6:45pm: SHiNE Dance Fitness
- Mon 7-8pm: 'The Salsa Guy' Basic Salsa, Basic Rueda Salsa
- Mon 8-9pm: 'The Salsa Guy' Intermediate Salsa
- Wed 6:30-7:20pm: Beginner West Coast Swing
- Wed 7:20-8:10pm: Level 2 West Coast Swing Class
- Thur 7-7:45pm: Beginner Ballroom
- Thur 7:45-9pm: Beginner Ballroom Practice/Coaching
- Sat 7:30-8:30pm: Beginner Swing Lesson (except 3/23, 3/30)
- Sat 7-8pm: West Coast Swing Lesson (3/23 only)
- Sun 7-9pm : Ballroom Dance Party
- Wed 8:10-10pm: West Coast Swing Practice Dance
- Thur 7:45-9pm: Beginner Practice/Coaching
- Friday 8-10pm: Ballroom Dance Party (except 3/15)
- Friday 9-11:30pm: Salsa, Bachata, Merengue Dance (3/15 only)
- Sat 8:30-11:30pm: Open Swing Dancing (except 3/23, 3/30)
- Sat 8-11pm: West Coast Swing RVA Social Dance (3/23 only)
Keep in touch!
Join our mailing list!
Get an update on upcoming The Dance Space events in your inbox every Monday morning. Sign up for our weekly e-mail list.
Simply enter your name and e-mail address, in the form at the bottom of this web page, and click the SUBMIT button.
Like us on Facebook!
We Want To Hear From You!
The Dance Space is looking for feedback from you! We need your perspective on our studio, to make your dancing experience more enjoyable.
- What do you like or don't like
- What new classes/events would you like to see?
- What can we improve or what good ideas should we try?
Simply use the form on our CONTACT page to send us your input.
Welcome to The Dance Space
The Dance Space is a dance facility run by Ginny Engler and Mike Recant. We have been open since April of 1992 and we are dedicated to promoting Ballroom Dancing in the Richmond, VA metropolitan area. We have a 1,600 square foot wooden dance floor and state-of-the-art sound system that is used for regularly scheduled dance events and instruction.
We are not a dance studio in the traditional sense. The Dance Space is a facility that is used in the following ways:
- Holding public Ballroom Dances on a regular basis
- Providing public Ballroom Dance Group Lessons on a regular basis for both non-dancers and experienced dancers
- Rental of floor space to independent professional Ballroom Dance instructors for both private and group instruction
- Rental of floor space to established amateur and professional dance organizations for dances, classes and other events
Our Halloween Party, October 2018:
Click below to display our monthly calendar or to show a map to The Dance Space:
The Dance Space is on the second floor of a small shopping center directly on Broad Street. It is located half way between Horsepen Road and Libbie Avenue on the North side of Broad. The studio is above the Mekong Restaurant with our entrance downstairs to the right of the Mekong.
Links to other local Ballroom Dancing related resources:
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
The Dance Space publishes a weekly e-mail to keep our customers informed about classes and events at The Dance Space. Very occasionally we may also send an important announcement to you via e-mail, like a snow-closing announcement. By joining our mailing list you are agreeing to accept these e-mail messages from us.
Please adjust your junk-mail or spam-filtering software to accept messages from firstname.lastname@example.org.