Research & Publications
- (With Klaus Kultti) 'Equilibrium Price and Advertisement Distribution', Helsinki Graduate School of Economics, 2019.
We consider an economy where many sellers sell identical goods to many buyers. Each seller has a unit supply and each buyer has a unit demand. The only possible information flow about prices is through costly advertising. We show that there is a unique equilibrium where the sellers use mixed strategies in pricing which leads to price and advertisement distributions. With convex advertising costs each buyer sends only one advertisement in the market. We also delineate a class of advertising costs which are sufficiently concave to ensure that sellers may send multiple advertisements in equilibrium.
Work in Progress
- ’Multidimensional Information Acquisition and Efficient Mechanism Design’, Helsinki Graduate School of Economics, 2019.
- 'Big Data and Machine Learning in Macroeconomics', Finnish Economic Journal, 2/2018. (In Finnish: 'Suuret tietomassat ja koneoppiminen makrotaloustieteellisessä tutkimuksessa'.)
- 'The Structural Changes in Finnish Industrial Sector', Bank of Finland Bulletin, Analysis, 2017. (In Finnish: 'Tavaroista palveluihin – Suomen teollisuus rakennemuutoksen pyörteissä'.)
- ’The lower bounds on nominal interest rates’, Master’s Thesis, University of Helsinki, 2017.