- The Special Catholic Character of our school is reflected in all curriculum programmes and school activities.
- Emphasis is given to Literacy and Mathematics.
- We are a school that uses Learning Through Play, Project and Product Based Learning - these approaches allow our students to drive their own learning. As they move through the school they learn new skills that support them in becoming a life long learner.
- All teaching staff participate in appropriate professional development initiatives to support their ongoing development.
- We are a Project Energize School, promoting healthy lifestyle choices at school and home.
- Te Reo Maori and other language programmes are guided by consultation with the school and wider community.
- Year 7 & 8 students attend weekly Techni-craft lessons at Otorohanga South School.
- Education Outside the Classroom experiences will vary throughout the years, with an annual camp
- The whole school attend a weekday Mass and families are encouraged to attend a weekend Parish/School Mass held at least once per term. All school families are rostered for the cleaning of the church throughout the year.
- Student/Parent/Teacher Conferences are held at the school during Terms 2. Formal School Reports are sent home in Terms 2 and 4. Informal conversations with the class teacher regarding student progress are always encouraged.
- School open day takes place every term. Students are encouraged to share their work and discoveries with the whanau on these days.