- America offers the best healthcare if you can pay.
- Cost per capita: Double that of Canada.
- Worst of wait times: If include uninsured, longer in U.S.
- Harvard study (2009): 45,000 Americans death per year because of not having insurance.
- U.S. infant mortality rate worse than Cuba's. Mississippi worse than Botswana.
- U.S. life expectancy near bottom among industrialized countries. Cost-effectiveness extra-ordinarily bad.
- Outside-the-box thinking needed. Operations research and artificial intelligence should be employed to design a system that is both cheaper and better serving.
- Best system may turn out to be a combination of basic universal coverage and private insurance.