Build a Donkey Car
Before you start
DIY is never an easy process but the experience will be rewarding.
Be prepared to troubleshoot and you will learn a lot of about electronics, hardware, coding and machine learning through the journey.
- Obtain a starter kit or buy parts:
- Buy a starter kit:
The starter kit includes everything you need to get started.
- If you wish to source the parts by yourself in HK, please refer to http://bit.ly/donkeycarhk.
2. Follow the instructions in:
Basically, the steps are:
- Putting the hardware together.
- Install the donkey car software on your Raspberry Pi and PC.
- Calibrate the throttle and steering.
- Drive with web controller or joystick.
5. Train the autopilot.
3. If you encounter any difficulties, you may check or discuss in:
4. Join our meet up to practice and share your experience.
5. Explore and modify you car as you wish.