I used a slightly modified McCall's 1039 Jack Skellington pattern for the coat. For all of the embroidered designs, I drew them out, transferred them to fabric, then used a tight zigzag stitch to create them. After sewing them, I applied heat n bond to the back of them and cut them out. Lastly, I ironed them to the coat.


I traced an image of the scythe in Inkscape. Next, I cut everything out of Eva foam and glued it around a core. I used my dremel to shape everything and round all the corners. After the base painting, I used a faded green color to weather the copper and black and brown to weather the bone.


I made the base gloves using the hand turkey method. I then used duct tape to make a pattern for all of the armor plates and the bracers. After building these in EVA foam, I glued all the hand armor down and added clips to the bracers so I could take them off easier.


For the bird skull, I drew one as a template and carved it out of a block of foam with my dremel. The choker is some off cuts of jersey material from another project. The pants were made with a modified generic template.

This was one of my most comfortable cosplays. I really like necklace and the scythe because of the carving work I put into them.