Port Glasgow 10k
Sunday 12th August 2018
Start time: 11:00 am
Join us on Sunday 12th August 2018 for our inaugural 10k.
The race takes place in the historic Clyde side town of Port Glasgow with many sights to see along the route including "the PS Comet", the 1815 Town Buildings, Gourock Rope Works, Kelburn Park, Newark Castle and of course, spectacular views of the River Clyde.
The run starts and finishes at the Coronation Park (see map below) located in the centre of the town which on the site of the East & West Harbour.
The course offers excellent viewing areas for spectators who wish to follow the runners progress along the course. Or if you prefer you can shop in the local town and new retail park. There is an excellent sandy play park within the Coronation park to entertain the young children.
- You must be over 15 years of age on the day of the race
- Maximum number are 300 on the day
- General entry fee £5*
- Concession £3*
- School Pupils £1*
*All entry fees payable on the day of the race.
Secure your place emailing the team with your name, address, date of birth and entry type (as above) to email@example.com
For the event to run smoothly we require the help of volunteers. We have a range of duties you could do and none are too technical. If you are interested in any of the positions please email us and we can allocate you to a position or if you have a preferred volunteering role let us know.
- Race marshal's - Support the runner by guiding them at various points of the course
- Time keepers - Take note of race numbers, position and times. This is job that requires several volunteers on the day
- Tail runner - To accompany the back runners to complete the event and encourage others along the way
- Cyclist(s) - Lead the front runners along the route
- Photographers - Nothing beats a good photograph of participant during the event. If you are looking to build your portfolio or just want to support the event we would welcome you on the day. There are various excellent positions to capture amazing photographs along the route
If you are a local business and would like to advertise in some way or donate race prizes, water, t-shirts or anything else please do get in touch with us and we can talk through the various opportunities available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the route
Use the map below to navigate your way around the route, find your way to the best spectating points, and for parking information. Click each icon for further information.
How to get here