The primary mission of the Pacific Youth Football League is to assist in the development of all student-athletes grades K through eighth with their growth not only as football players but also as young citizens within their community. This will be accomplished by improving their life skills as well as their football abilities. All participants will be afforded the opportunity to improve these life skills through education, friendship, teamwork, and football. The purpose of this league is to provide safe, supervised football activities for the youth of youth football associations. The objectives of the PYFL shall be the following:
- To build healthy bodies and minds
- To develop skills and proficiency in the game of football and related activities
- To teach the concepts of teamwork, commitment, accountability, sportsmanship, loyalty, honesty, and pride
- To stimulate community interest in football
- To have fun
- To accomplish all of these things with the welfare of these student-athletes first and foremost, without adult ambition for personal glory
The primary goal of the Pacific Youth Football League of Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington is to develop young men and women; who through participation in the program; will naturally progress into the Member Schools which not only develop football players, but also successful community contributors in leadership roles.