Code of Conduct
The Northwest Cincinnati Area Code of Conduct is effective 9.12.2016 and will be reviewed yearly for changes that need to be made.
PLAYER “Best Practices”
Responsible players in the Northwest Cincinnati Area are encouraged to read the SAY Rulebook. They should also read the Player Code of Conduct for Northwest Cincinnati Area. They should attend clinics to enhance their knowledge of the game. Know the rules of the game and abide by them.
- Treat the referees with respect.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship to teammates, opposing players, referees, coaches and spectators.
- Refrain from making negative remarks to or harassing teammates, opposing players, referees, coaches and spectators.
- Do not use profanity or vulgar language.
- Do not fight or provoke other players.
- Play hard but fairly.
- Listen to your coach and work diligently at learning the sport.
PLAYER PENALTIES FOR MISCONDUCT
Players must conduct themselves using the following guidelines.
The following are the penalties for player misconduct concerning Wings, Strikers, Kickers, Minors and Seniors. Penalties for misconduct concerning Passers will be determined by the Appeals Committee, not to exceed those outlined for players in the older divisions. Penalties will be imposed by the district the team represents. The Northwest Cincinnati Area reserves the right to review the misconduct of the Passers player and to impose additional penalties as we see fit.
- Abusive language to an official, player, coach or spectator. Penalty: One (1) game suspension.
- Threatening actions or words towards officials, player, coach or spectator. Penalty: Two (2) game suspension.
- Aggressive physical contact with the referee (i.e., grabbing the arm, turning the individual around, poking, bumping, pushing, etc.). Penalty: Five (5) game suspension. 2nd Offense: Permanent Expulsion. **Eligible to be heard by stated Appeals Process
- Striking an official, player, coach or spectator. Penalty: Permanent Explusion ** Eligible to be heard by stated Appeals Process
- Refusal to leave the playing field after an ejection. Player is allowed to leave the playing field and sit with his/her team. Penalty: Two (2) game suspension in addition to the penalty imposed for the original ejection.
- Harassing players, officials, coaches or spectators. Penalty: One (1) game suspension
- Ejection from the game for any other reason not listed above. Penalty: One (1) game suspension