New England History Teachers Association
Welcome to the online home of the New England History Teachers Association (NEHTA). Founded in 1897, the NEHTA is the nation's oldest association of history and social studies teachers. Explore around our website for more information on our organization and various resources for teaching social studies. Visit us often to stay informed on the latest in both history and education.
Latest News & Updates
- February 25, 2019 - Details on the 2019 Laska Award nomination process have been modified, including the deadline to apply, which is March 1. Please see the most up to date form by clicking here.
- January 25, 2019 - A few new resources have been added to the various sections within our Resources tab, so be sure to explore around and check them out.
- January 23, 2019 - The NEHTA is seeking input from YOU in order to help shape our next annual conference. Please fill out the Google Form linked here to let us know what topic(s) interest you, and what day(s) would work best.
- October 13, 2018 - Unfortunately, our Annual Conference (1918: 100 Years Later), which was planned for October 20, 2018 has been cancelled. Our sincerest of apologies to all those who were interested, but please stay tuned to NEHTA for other potential conferences and events. If you had already registered for the conference on 1918 at Sturbridge on October 20, we will be in contact with you ASAP in regards to refunding your cost.
- September 13, 2018 - Information, registration, and payment options for NEHTA's 2018 Annual Conference (1918: 100 Years Later) are now available. Please see the "Annual Conference" page for more details.