Welcome to the HBS Nurse's Office
At Home COVID-19 Testing Information/Registration.
See Testing Sites on COVID-19 page
Click here for Mask Info:
Please send your child with two clean masks in their backpack. Be sure to change masks or clean them!
Parents: Every morning before school the COVID -19 pre-screening survey needs to be completed. It is located in the parent portal which can be found on the HBS website, www.readington.k12.nj.us. Once logged in, click in the form section and the link for the form will show under each student's name. The survey needs to be completed for each child attending school that day. https://www.readington.k12.nj.us/Page/1641
When to keep your child home for illness
When your child is staying home please call:: Attendance Line (908) 823-0454 press 1 *Please leave your child's name, grade and nature of the illness, please follow below:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, any child with symptoms related to the virus including: fever, coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, chills, body aches, loss of taste or smells, abdominal pains, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, will need to be evaluated by their primary care physicians.
If the diagnosis is COVID positive, please contact the school immediately and the Hunterdon Dept of Health 908-788-1351.
If the diagnosis is NOT COVID positive (Covid negative), then the child will stay at home as per Readington District Policy for fever(100F), vomiting and/or diarrhea for a minimum of 24 hours symptom free without the use of fever reducing agents.
Hunterdon Healthcare COVID-2019 Hotline: 908-788-6440 7 days a week 8am-8pm
Hunterdon County Health Dept webpage: Hunterdon County Coronavirus
NJ Hotlines & Helplines: COVID Hotlines & Helplines
CDC Websites for information on Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-2019): Coronavirus info
NJ Dept of Health: NJ Dept of Education
NJ parent COVID-19 link: NJ Parent link info
What you need to know NJ resources: What you need to know for NJ
- Stay home if your sick, please follow the 24 hour rule -Fever free for 24 hours without any fever reducing medication
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched objects such as door handles, light switches, phones, remote controls etc..
- Cover your cough or sneeze (not with your hands); (if you use a tissue, do not reuse- throw away the used tissue)
- Notice signs of Flu-like symptoms or symptoms of COVID-19
- If seen by the doctor: Please provide the doctor's note and have them write the Diagnosis and if able to Return to School, if any restrictions for School and update the Health Office with any information.
See above COVID precautions recommendations and standard precautions:
When to keep your child home:
- A temperature of 100 degrees or higher you child MUST remain home.
- Your child must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications such as Advil or Tylenol.
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea -keep child home until 24 hours without any further vomiting or diarrhea.
- Any unusual rashes (should be evaluated by your health care provider.
- Treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis requires 24 hours of medication before returning to school.
- Strep Throat requires antibiotic treatment. Students must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Earaches should be evaluated by your health care provider.