Check Your Grades?: Infinite Campus Portal
What is with the weird site name? It allows faster searchability on the internet and browsers. Once you have been here, the search history functions of your browser will allow you to find this site quickly. Type "fly" or "circ" in your address bar and this page will jump out.
( •_•) Holding Tank for Guest Teacher Plans When Everhart is Out
( •_•)>⌐□-□ Let's Do This!
(⌐□_□) First person to my website: show this to the guest teacher so they can put it on the board
February 15, 2019 - Sophomores - Period 1 and 2
The basic story patterns discussion continues! Everyone should have a Chromebook and access these slides. Take notes along the way.
- Presentation: Archetypes 2 - Basic Character Combinations: Protagonist, Antagonist, Character Twin, Foil Character, Comedy Duo
- Presentation: Archetypes 3 - Common Character Archetypes: Outsider, Savior, Everyman
If I were there we would continue where we left off in Slide show #2 and then move into three. Make sure you know the definitions of everything listed after the title and have enough examples on your notes so that you connect it to a story you personally know.
February 15, 2019 - Juniors - Periods 4, 5, and 6
Today launches the walk in to the second essay task during TGG. Remember that you should be on page 100 when you return on Tuesday.
Colors have meaning. Red means stop. Green means go. Green means nature. So many culturally assigned connections between color and meaning. We'll talk about a bunch of them on Tuesday and will go through these then:
- Website: Color Symbolism and Culture - IncredibleArt.org
- Infographic - Color Emotion Guide - IncredibleArt.org
- Infographic - Colours in Cultures - David McCandless - April 2009
- Infographic - Emotional Color Spectrum - Kelly-Moore Paints and Column Five
- Infographic - What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business - Marketo and Column Five
Your task today is to start the process of figuring out what F. Scott Fitzgerald has as the meaning of three colors in TGG. This would normally be very annoying so I've done all of the evidence gathering for you. In each archive below is every single mention of that color in the entire novel with chapter number and page number and paragraph included. You're welcome.
What is not there is any kind of analysis. This is where you come in.
- Research: The Great Gatsby - Blue Quotes
- Research: The Great Gatsby - Green Quotes
- Research: The Great Gatsby - Yellow Quotes
Prompt: F. Scott Fitzgerald uses colors as symbols in The Great Gatsby. What colors does he use and what does each color represent?
Start with any color you like. You will need your personal answer for all three eventually. What does that color mean in TGG. If you read enough of the examples maybe you can come up with a working theory. Color is not always ~just~ a color.
Dumping Ground for Something I Might Need
DonorsChoose.org - Operation Fill the Bookshelves! - Project Started 8/2/2016, Completed 10/20/2016
Notes to Self & Projects 2017 ┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
- 10: Working on Useful Trope Vocabulary, Archetypes slides reshuffle and you still need to get Everyman done and add in Trickster.
- 11: Prepare New work: Raisin? Gatsby? will probably only have time for one full design. Generational Theory
- AP: Continue Animal Venery Project
- Style: Push the diacritical marks, the double and triple adjective move, remove very, remove get, remove just
- Campus: Create training slides and notes for Soft Start, Toxic Grading Practices, Ethical Extra Credit, Highlighter Uses
- 10x Shoulder Roll Up and Back and Down and Front
- 10x Scapular Shrugs Down-Up
- 10x Cat-Camels
- Towel/Band - 10x Straight Arm Overhead Pulldowns
- Towel/Band - 10x Dislocates
- Swing Kick 10x Side Each Leg, 10x Front Each Leg
- How To Do A Pushup
- Guy Demos Everything in the Antranik Warmup/Strength
"College-and-career readiness are not the purpose of education. Full development of every child’s capacities is. Preparation for citizenship is. Ethics and a sense of responsibility for oneself and to the community are."--Diane Ravitch - 12/21/2016
- I want to be a millionaire just like my dad.
- Wow, your dad is a millionaire?
- No, but he always wanted to be.
Infographics! Come back here and wander
Link Dump (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧ ✧ﾟ・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
- What is a Paradox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzSzGbfc0k
Coolth is a word
Ikea's Magazine is the most published in the world
Lego makes the most tires in the world
McDonalds is the world's largest toy distributor.
Largest retailer of diamonds is Walmart
When you walk through a grocery store and they are playing good music. You have become their target demographic.
https://briandeer.com/wakefield/vaccine-patent.htm The guy who falsified a study linking vaccines to autism and is indirectly responsible for the meme infection against scientific literacy.