Celebrating and Supporting Women in the Legal Profession
Monterey County Women Lawyers Association
- Supports the welfare of women in the legal profession, the judiciary, and the Monterey Bay community.
- Works to eliminate discrimination based on sex.
- Fosters mutual support and cooperation among MCWLA members, the legal community, and the judiciary.
- Awards scholarships to students enrolled in law school.
- Provides continuing legal education to members of the legal community.
Lady Justice Lifetime Achievement Award for Legal Advocacy and Community Service
Every year Monterey County Women Lawyers Association honors one outstanding member of the local legal community with its Lady Justice Lifetime Achievement Award for Legal Advocacy and Community Service. The recipient of the Lady Justice Award is typically a legal trailblazer who passionately gives back the community.
If you know someone who should be honored with MCWLA's Lady Justice Lifetime Achievement award in 2017, please submit your nomination with a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae (or resume) to Laura Franklin at lfranklin