- Newsletters -
-Fall Foliage Festival
1. This contest is open to any non-professional photographer who is a Morgan County, Indiana, resident. A professional photographer is defined as being someone who earns over $600 yearly for their photos or photography skills. With your signature, you acknowledge that you understand this definition and will honor it. You may be disqualified if you are found to be in violation of these rules; however, the Martinsville Arts Council and Morgan County Fall Foliage Festival do not have the means to research whether entrants fit the definition of a professional.
2. Entries must be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Saturday, October 1, 2022, at the Morgan County Public Library, 110 S Jefferson St., in Martinsville. Entrants can submit up to six (6) photographs combined in the Color or Black & White competitions. Each photo must have an entry form attached on the back.
3. All photographs will be judged as an open class in either the Color or Black & White competition. Photographs may be of any subject, found anywhere, and must be taken after October 1, 2021. Photographs entered in previous Fall Foliage Festival contests will be disqualified.
4. Entrants must have a model release for any identifiable person in ANY photograph included with entry.
5. Photos must be a minimum of 8x10 inches. Mats and mounting boards are not required. Entries that are framed and/or have glass will not be accepted.
6. Entries will be judged on creativity, composition, and overall technical merit. Winners will be announced prior to the Fall Foliage Festival at the awards ceremony on Tuesday, October 4, 2022, at the Morgan County Public Library.
7. The Martinsville Arts Council and Morgan County Fall Foliage Festival cannot be held responsible for any losses or damages to any photographs entered in the competition.
8. The first place winner in each competition will receive $40, the second place winner in each competition will receive $25, and the third place winner in each competition will receive $10. The Best of Show winner will receive $50 and a Fall Foliage Festival plaque. Winning photographs and selected contest entries can participate in a traveling display at Morgan County business and public places.
9. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 5:30pm on Friday, October 7, 2022, except for those photographs participating in the traveling display. Photos should be retrieved from the the Morgan County Public Library's Main Branch at 110 S Jefferson in Martinsville. Any photos not claimed by this date will be destroyed. Photos participating in the traveling display will be returned to their owners at a date and location to be determined after the end of the display period.
Please print and attach one form to the back of each photo you enter in the contest. All entries should be submitted no later that 5:00pm, Saturday, October 1, 2022, at the Morgan County Public Library in Martinsville.
Contest Entry Forms
- Audition Guide -
- Photo Gallery -
- Video Gallery -