Dr. Ammar A. Malik
Urbanization, Public Services, Jobs and Gender
I study the impact of the spatial structure of cities, quality of public services, and forced displacement on economic and social outcomes, particularly gender equality.
My research interests include:
- Modeling urban form and function
- Economic impacts of urban public transit
- Gender and access to mobility
- Forced displacement and cities
- Job training programs and labor policy
- Public policy analysis
I am the Director of Research at Evidence for Policy Design, Harvard Kennedy School, Affiliate of the Middle East Initiative at Harvard's Belfer Center, Non-Resident Fellow at the Urban Institute and Research Fellow at the Center for Economic Research in Pakistan.
My Google Scholar profile is available here.
Follow me on Twitter: @MalikAmmar
Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/malikammar/