Big thanks to The Gayly for covering our launch! You can read their article about the PAC here: Kansas LGBTQ Elected Officials Unite to Form New PAC.
Another great article covering the launch of the PAC appeared in the Shawnee Mission Post: Northeast Johnson County Elected Officials Sign On to New LGBTQ+ Leadership PAC.
Our PAC's official statement of organization with the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission is here.
LGBTQ+ Leadership News
Find below a collection of articles about our 2018 endorsed candidates, Susan Ruiz & Brandon Woodard, who will become the first openly-LGBTQ+ state representatives in Kansas history when they are sworn in in January 2019:
- Kansas sees LGBTQ milestones, yet big change may come slowly - NBC News
- In 'Rainbow Wave,' LGBT Candidates Are Elected In Record Numbers - New York Times
- After 232 Years, Are We Equal Yet? - High Plains Reader
- Opinion: The Rainbow Wave Arrived in 2018 and It Will Change Our Politics - Buzzfeed News
- Susan Ruiz hopes the 'rainbow wave' will carry her to a seat in the Kansas Legislature - CJ Janovy
- Kansas House: first openly gay members win, helping Dems cut into Republican control - Kansas City Star
- The Youngest Woman Elected To Congress & 20 Other Midterm Results That Broke the Mold - Mother Jones
- Capitol Insider podcast: First gay legislators provide missing voice in Kansas politics - Garden City Telegram
- Women Broke Midterm Records Right & Left (But Mostly Left) - Vice News
- 'Every Drop of Decency Is Fought For' - LGBTQ Activist Shares Story of Politics At Work - Huffington Post