Cover Crop Reimbursement Program
2019 Application Period: Closed
This brand new program is an opportunity to be reimbursed for cover crop expenses up to $12 per acre for as many as 100 acres. It is intended as an incentive for planting cover crop containing wheat, barley, oat and/or rye.
- One application per household and farm serial number
- Cover crops for corn, soybean and/or tobacco are eligible not to exceed 100 acres. Other cover crops will be considered on a case by case basis
- Must be seeded at the recommended seeding rate of the University of Kentucky Publication ID-113
- Cover crop should be planted before December 1
- Deadline to submit application is December 15
- Completed FSA 578 cover crop report required with application
- Applicant must have an updated AG Water Quality plan on file
- Receipts or invoices paid in full required to be submitted with application
- Cover crop may be wheat or cereal rye and can be harvested for grain, grazed, or harvested for forage
*Reimbursements are granted on a first come, first served basis and until funds are depleted.