Kansas Junior Academy of Science
Welcome to the Kansas Junior Academy of Science! KJAS is an organization for students who are interested in expanding their abilities and accomplishments in science or engineering utilizing mathematical and technological integrations.
- To promote greater participation in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics activities among young people of Kansas.
- To improve the quality of achievement in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by encouraging students to participate in research and develop original ideas.
- To provide members with opportunities to share their scientific interest with others.
- To develop an understanding of the scientific community through close association with leaders in science.
- To inculcate among its members true scientific attitudes and ideals that shall lead to the greater development of service to man.
- To seek the improvement of science club activities through the cooperative district and state meetings.
The spring of 2018 was the first year that Kansas Junior Academy of Science partnered with the Kansas State Science and Engineering Fair. Students who presented at the science fair were considered for the KJAS Special Award. If you are interested in participating in KSSEF and KJAS visit the "Participate" page. Deadlines to register begin in the late winter/early spring, so check it out!