FIRST LEGO League competition
Thank you for your interest in FIRST LEGO League. Fun and challenges are ahead for all of us! It's not only building LEGOs. There is programming work, an extensive research project with a full presentation at qualifying, and teamwork with full cooperation in all parts of the process. The challenge for 2019 is CITY SHAPER.
- 2 teams of 8 each will represent Kittredge
- Experience is not required, but we would love it
- Conduct must be excellent with teamwork and cooperation is a priority
- Member fees of $40 (includes team t-shirts, supplies and celebration) due on first practice
- Meet twice a week 2:30 PM - 4:00PM for practice
- On average FLL member practices at least 20 hours and attend 1 full day of competition in December.
_____ 1. Attend 1 of the 2 tryouts: 2:30PM - 3:30PM Tuesday, August 20 or Thursday, August 22 in room #108
_____ 2. Submit Application by 2:30PM Friday, August 23, 2019
_____ 3. Online Teacher Recommendation by 2:30PM Friday, August 23, 2019
Turn application to Mr. Nguyen (4th grade room #108) or Dr. B (4th grade teacher room #101)
We will need at least 2 parents a week at school with the students as mentors. We will also need parents to host research meetings with primary sources, arrange and host practice at homes on weekends if necessary, handle t-shirts for competition, assist with brochure development and many, many other tasks that will come up. Thank you for your consideration and interest in this afterschool enrichment club.