At the Kartause in Gaming
We anticipate most people attending Isoecol will stay at the historic Kartause venue. This unique centuries old (from 1300's) venue features a wide range of modern individual and double rooms, and has plenty of dorm-style rooms (1-4 people per room) at very low cost. We encourage participants, students, and teams to share all-male, all-female, or mixed rooms, as desired. Staying at Kartause will ensure the convenience of being onsite and fostering great social opportunities. There is also a brew pub onsite.
Book your room during the Registration Process (see Registration) if you wish to specify rooms and names of registered persons to share accommodation with. You are welcome to bring a partner, family, or the kids.
For questions regarding accommodation, meals, or addressing special needs, please contact Ms Birgit Rigler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Read more about the Kartause venue at their website here.
There is limited alternate accommodation in Gaming within walking distance of the venue. Accommodation at pensions or B&B in other towns or countryside may require car transportation. Pensions and guest houses can be found in Gaming (1-2 km), Lunz am See (12 km), Schiebbs (15 km) and Göstling an der Ybbs (20 km). Check www.Booking.com , AirBnB or Google Maps for other housing options.
- Lunches and evening dinners are provided as part of the Conference Registration fee starting from Sunday evening until the Friday closing dinner. We are planning special events, local fare, and entertainment at several of these dinners.
- For field trips and outings on Wednesday, a bag lunch will be provided by the Kartause as part of the outing fee.
- Continental breakfast is included only for those staying at Kartause.
- All dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Free WIFI is available throughout the Kartause venue.
Mobile Phone Coverage
- There is excellent LTE/4G coverage for most of Austria. Roaming charges may apply.
- Inexpensive prepaid SIM cards with data (e.g. 10 Euros for 8GB data for 30 days in the EU) are easily purchased in shops and grocers, but require user registration, which in some cases can be done in the shop or grocery store only with passport ID. (e.g. Hofer (www.Hot.at), www.Drei.at stores). Full details and SIM card options are on this Wiki.