10th International Conference on Biomedical Ontology
July 30 - August 2 2019
Early Bird registration (by June 21): Students $300, Faculty/Professional $575
After June 21: Students $350, Faculty/Professional $690
Click here to register
Registration includes continental breakfast, breaks, and lunch on all conference days, and the conference dinner on August 1
Registration for Workshops and Tutorials (in case you have not already registered)
Themes for ICBO 2019
- Ontological Realism & Alternative Approaches in the context of biological and biomedical data
- Genetics, Phenotypes, Disease, and Ontology across biology and medicine
- Ontology in Service of Healthcare Data Infrastructure and Analysis
- Use of ontologies for data infrastructure needs, including reporting services, cohort discovery, and data warehousing
- Using OBO ontologies in coordination with non-OBO ontologies (e.g., SNOMED)
- Lessons from ontological analysis of large EHR systems, VA data, etc.
- Integration of medical and non-medical data (e.g., integrating disease diagnosis with geographic information)
- Methods to improve data translation/annotation processes, including NLP and machine learning
Submissions on other topics are welcome as well.
Call for Papers and Abstracts
Full length papers up to 6-10 pages, deadline extended to April 15, notification May 15
Poster Abstracts: 1 page extended abstract format, with limited references, due May 30, notification June 10
Call for Software Demos
Due May 30, notification June 10.