Breakdown for all M21 onwards Math Courses:
Application & Interpretations SL (AI SL):
- IB Course equivalent is Maths Studies
- heavy in statistics as the current studies is
- Useful in the same ways the current studies is useful
Applications & Interpretations HL (AI HL):
- NO IB Course equivalent
- Heavy AP Stats content
- STRONG focus on modelling
- STRONG focus on statistics
- Maths Studies curriculum + Math HL curriculum basics + Further Math HL parts
- From Math HL: Vectors, Integration with a focus on finding areas, Probability Density Functions.
- From Further Math HL: Basic Linear Algebra, Discrete Math (simple graph theory).
- Useful in applied science fields that are NOT heavy in traditional math and calculus
Analysis & Approaches SL (AA SL):
- IB Course Equivalent is Math SL
- Less distinct course content than Math SL
- Useful in the same way the old Math SL was
Anslysis & Approaches HL (AA HL):
- IB Course Equivalent is Math HL
- Heavy AP Calculus AB content
- Math HL + Calculus Option
- Does NOT have another option to choose from
- Useful in pure math and fields of science that are very heavy in math and calculus (pathway to any higher level math courses at uni).
Note: Both AI HL, and AA HL have higher level math content studied usually in university, however AA HL gears you for the "analysis" as is in the name, while AI HL seems to have been built for "application", as is very evident in the textbooks and curriculum papers I have seen.
If you see any mistakes or something is blatantly wrong, contact @Lake#3557 .