NOTE: All details below are PROVISIONAL at this stage (provided as an indication only)
1. Start Time/Date and Location
The run is planned to start promptly at 10am on Sunday, 13 October 2019, on the Kenilworth Greenway close to Burton Green Primary School Academy (CV8 1QB). The Finish will be at The Warwickshire Golf and Country Club close to All Saints Primary School Academy in Leek Wootton (CV35 7QT)
2. The Event
2019 will see the 4th running of this event to celebrate the links between our two schools in the Green Leek federation, and the two village communities whom we serve. The run starts in Burton Green and ends in Leek Wootton and is uniquely 10.5 km long.
- 08:00 - Runners arrive at Start HQ Burton Green School (parking at Burton Green Farm)
- 09:20 - Warm-up at Start HQ led by The Warwickshire
- 09:30 - Runners walk over to start line on The Greenway
- 09.45 - Race Director briefing at start line (if required)
- 10:00 - Run starts
- 10.35 - First runners start to arrive at finish line - medals presented as runners finish
- 11:00 - Prize giving (details further below)
3. The Route
The Green Leek Run is a multi-terrain point to point route from Burton Green to Leek Wootton. The run start is approximately a 5 minute walk from the start HQ at Burton Green School. After the official warm up, all runners will be escorted to the start line en masse at 9.30am.
The route initially follows the Kenilworth Greenway for 4.5 km, a wide Sustrans footpath with excellent surface, crossing Abbey Fields park on mown grass, then tarmac footpath to Castle Farm sports pitches. Leaving the sports pitches the route follows a footpath across farmland, then a hardcore path to Rouncil Lane. There are only gates not stiles. After crossing Rouncil Lane the route crosses a short field then joins a trail around the Warwickshire golf course to finish on a large field overlooking the health club and parking.
Click here for the course map.
4. Travel Options
The race is point to point, starting and finishing in two small villages. Free Parking will be provided near to the start HQ in Burton Green however you will need to make your own way back to your car at the end of the race. In anticipation that you will want to have your car waiting for you at the finish, Free Parking has also been arranged for you at The Warwickshire Golf and Country Club at CV35 7QT which is sign posted with brown signs from the A46 and Warwick Road in Leek Wootton.
We also plan to provide a bus service (£2 per entrant, paid in advance when entering event) from The Warwickshire to the start HQ in Burton Green. Departure times for the bus service will be confirmed nearer the event date.
You can of course pair up with fellow runners, family or spectators to operate a car share or lift system for the day. The best option is to get dropped off at start HQ at Burton Green School and arrange to be collected from the finish at The Warwickshire. Your friends and family can enjoy the atmosphere and tea, coffee and bacon rolls while they wait for your triumphant arrival at the finish.
The race organisers cannot accept any liabilities arising out of your travel arrangements on the day.
5. Directions to the Start
Burton Green Primary School is on Hob Lane on the edge of Burton Green village, CV8 1QB. Runners will not be allowed access to the start line on the Greenway without a race number, which can only be collected from Burton Green School.
- By Train: The closest mainline railway station to the start in Burton Green is Coventry for London Midland and Virgin Trains services. Tile Hill railway station is only a 2 1/2 km walk - an ideal warm up
- By Bus: There are no public buses that will get you to Burton Green School in time for race number collection on race day. We will however be providing a limited coach service to shuttle runners to the start HQ if they park at The Warwickshire Golf Course.
- By Car: All race day cars heading to Burton Green are requested to use the Free Parking provided near to the start of the race. Please do not attempt to park on Cromwell Lane or Hodgetts Lane.
6. Entries: www.greenleekrun.co.uk.
- Entry fees are: Affiliated runners £17.00, unaffiliated £19.00
- On the day: The 2018 event SOLD OUT, and for safety reasons entries on the day were NOT permitted. We suggest you register early to avoid disappointment. In case of extreme weather, please check our website before travelling as we do not want to disappoint.
7. Race Numbers & Timing Chips
Details on how these will be provided are to be confirmed and communicated to entrants well ahead of the event.
8. Late Registration and Entry Transfer
The 2018 event SOLD OUT, and so for safety reasons entries on the day were NOT permitted. Book early!
To complete a transfer you must arrive early to Start HQ at Burton Green School and complete this process by 8:45am; bring the name of the original entrant and proof that a transfer has been agreed, including the date of birth of the original entrant. In the case of a transfer, the new entrant must accept the Green Leek Run Terms and Conditions.
9. Bag Drop
There will be a bag drop service at the start HQ. We will transport your bag to the finish area whilst you are running.
10. Water Station
There will be one water station just over half way along the course.
11. Race Finish
There will be a finishers medal presented to each runner completing the course. Water will also be provided. Based on feedback from past runners, at this stage we are not planning to give out goody bags.
12. Timing and Results
Timing and results will be based upon a chip system operated by an experienced race event support company. Results will be published on our website as soon as possible after the event. The finish director will decide race winners for prizes on the day on a first past the post basis.
There will be a presentation at the finish, taking place at at 11am, with trophies awarded by former world record holder and local running legend, David Moorcroft. Trophies will be awarded to the first three finishers - both male and female; winners are expected to receive their trophies in person, or within 4 weeks after the event by collecting from All Saints School, Leek Wootton. There will also be recognition for male and female age category winners 18 - 34, 35 - 54, 55 - 64, 65 - 74 and 75+. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
14. Post Race Nutrition
There will be refreshments on sale at the finish, including tea, coffee and food.
We will be taking photos at the Green Leek Run. These images will be used by the organisers to share news about the event, and to publicise future events. Images may be used in press releases, printed publicity and published on the Green Leek Run's Facebook and Twitter pages. The images will be stored securely and will be deleted when no longer required. If you would prefer for you or your child not to be photographed, or if you wish to have an image deleted or removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Personal Music Players
Please note that for your own safety during the race personal music devices e.g. iPhones are not permitted. Runners not adhering to this rule may be omitted from the results.