Fenton Area Public Schools Media Center Annual Report
2018-2019 School Year
Report Created by District Media Specialist: Rachael Hodges-Hassell
Fenton Area Public Schools Library Mission Statement
The purpose of the Fenton Area Public Schools Library/Media Program is to support and extend the aligned curriculum.
Our mission is to provide all learners with equitable access to information and ideas, and to provide training in locating, evaluating, and using these resources.
The Fenton Library/Media staff believes a school library/media program must enable learners and educators to:
- Access information and ideas without regard to race, ethnic background, geographic location, or socioeconomic circumstances
- Develop and nurture literacy
- Use resources to develop lifelong learning skills, especially in the areas of research, information retrieval, media evaluation, and media selection skills
- A school library/media program facilitates delivery of the core curriculum/school improvement processes by providing learners and educators with research/retrieval resources, access to onsite and distant sources of information and communication tools
- A school library/media program provides students with opportunities to develop and practice independent learning
- A professional library/media staff is vital to the success of a quality school
- A school library/media program provides a variety of approaches to learning
- A school library/media staff creates a nurturing environment for learning
- A school library/media staff respect the rights and creative talents of others and practices the ethical use of copyrighted print materials and non-print materials