Evolutionary and Taxonomic Diversity of Marine Invertebrates
9 august-4 september 2020
This international course welcomes participants to take a unique insight into a variety of aspects of marine invertebrates’ biodiversity. This course has been specifically designed on the basis on long-term experience to meet emerging challenges of modern life sciences. The in-campus intro provides a quick dive into the topic and all the necessary basic knowledge. The fieldwork on the White Sea is a core part of the course.
By entering this adventure you will:
- obtain deep understanding of current views on Tree of Life and invertebrates’ evolution;
- build solid knowledge of invertebrate biodiversity, from phyla to species level;
- understand how marine communities are structured and function;
- master all methods related to sample collection, processing and analysis;
- specifically focus on invertebrate fauna in Arctic seas through fieldwork on the White Sea;
- learn from experienced instructors with extensive scientific and educational expertise;
- gain additional competitive advantage for future career;
- visit one of the oldest zoology departments located in the beautiful city of St Petersburg.
Course locations in St Peresburg and at the White Sea: