Welcome to 'Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory' website!
Ercan Research Group is specializing in advanced biomaterials with the overarching academic goal of incorporating nanotechnology into regenerative medicine. As a part of this process, ‘Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory’ focuses on integrating fundamental materials science concepts with biological principles to improve currently-used biomaterials to heal damaged tissues. In particular, design, synthesis, and characterization of nanophase materials for orthopedic, anti-bacterial and cardiovascular tissue engineering applications are studied.
- November 2017: Merve İzmir presented her research at 2017 MRS Fall Meeting & Exhibit organized in Boston, USA. Read more>>>
- November 2017: Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory group members attended workshop of BIOMATEN organized in Ankara, Turkey. Read more>>>
- October 2017: Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory group members attended 13th Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Conference (NanoTR-13) organized in Antalya, Turkey. Read more>>>
- October 2017: Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory group members attended 4th Biomaterials Days organized in Yalova, Turkey. Read more>>>
- October 2017: Doruk Bahtiyar (MetE '19), Çağla Berberoğlu (MetE '20), Arda Çalışkan (CHE '22) and Sena Emiroğlu (MetE '19) joined Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory. We congratulate them and wish them good luck.
- October 2017: Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory group members participated in ‘Bilimin Ev Hali’, a European Researchers Night event to promote STEM education to public under organized the umbrella of Horizon 2020. Read more>>>
Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Lab is continuously looking for highly-motivated graduate students interested in receiving a multidisciplinary academic training at the intersection of materials science and biology with a strong focus on developing nanophase materials for orthopedic, dental and vascular tissue engineering applications. If you are interested in joining our research group, please contact Dr. Batur Ercan directly.