Welcome to 'Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory' website!
Ercan Research Group is specializing in advanced biomaterials with the overarching academic goal of incorporating nanotechnology into regenerative medicine. As a part of this process, ‘Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory’ focuses on integrating fundamental materials science concepts with biological principles to improve currently-used biomaterials to heal damaged tissues. In particular, design, synthesis, and characterization of nanophase materials for orthopedic, anti-bacterial and cardiovascular tissue engineering applications are studied.
- June 2018: Merve İzmir successfully defended her master thesis. Congratulations Merve! Read more>>>
- May 2018: İpek Döş joined Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory. We wish her good luck.
- May 2018: Yağmur Göçtü won The Best Poster Award in Undergraduate Research category of METU Engineering Day 2018. Read more>>>
- May 2018: NanoArt of Çağatay Mert Oral and Ece Uslu won The Best and Runner-up awards of NANOday 2018 organized in Ankara, Turkey. Read more>>>
- April 2018: Dr. Ercan presented his research at 11th Annual Meeting of Scandinavian Society for Biomaterials organized in Fiskebäckskil, Sweden. Read more>>>
- April 2018: The first research article of Ercan Research Group was accepted at Journal of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Gazi University. Read more>>>
Biomaterials and Nanomedicine Lab is continuously looking for highly-motivated graduate students interested in receiving a multidisciplinary academic training at the intersection of materials science and biology with a strong focus on developing nanophase materials for orthopedic, dental and vascular tissue engineering applications. If you are interested in joining our research group, please contact Dr. Batur Ercan directly.