How to Apply
Helpful guilds for resume writing and applying
For PDF Version
- Search current job openings on USAJOBS (link is external).
- You must have a USAJOBS (link is external) profile. No need to create a new profile if you already have a USAJOBS profile. Basic demographic information automatically populates when you apply for multiple positions across the Federal government. Once your profile is set up, you must upload a resume in USAJOBS, which should be tailored to the job for which you are applying. You can create a resume through the USAJOBS website or upload a resume as an attachment. You should also upload other documents that may be required for the position you are applying.
- You may choose to receive email notifications via USAJOBS by clicking on “Notification Settings” in the “Application Status” tab and selecting the notification alerts you wish to receive regarding your application.
- You can set up saved job searches, which will automatically search for jobs based on your search criteria and email you notifications about other job opportunities. Additional information is available via the USAJOBS Resource Center (link is external) under the Job Search category.
- Tailor your resume to each job announcement
- Spell out acronyms
- Be honest
- Write clear and concise statements
- Use active verbs
- Proofread your resume
Below are a few resources to help you apply for positions through USAJOBS (link is external):
- USAJOBS Resource Center (link is external) – contains tutorials and information about creating saved searches, creating a resume, and much more.
- OPM Video – How to Apply (link is external) (The USAJOBS site has been updated since this video but it still has good information.)
Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
The Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides temporary employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. If you are/were a temporary employee of a land management agency and are interested in applying for permanent positions under this Act, refer to the Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). It is recommended to request the required documentation as soon as possible. All required documents are to be submitted in your application.
Required Documents When Using a Hiring Authority
When applying to job opportunity announcements and claiming a Hiring Authority, you must submit specific documents in addition to the required documents listed on the job opportunity announcement. Please refer to the Required Documents for Hiring Authorities Quick Guide for specific required documentation.
Questions? Contact us
Eldorado Recruitment Group
Human Resources Management
(877) 372-7248 (Select Option 2 and follow prompts)