Emmet D. Williams Elementary PTA
JOIN EDW PTA
Members of the Emmet D. Williams community are encouraged to join our Parent Teacher Association. Please print the 2018-19 Membership Form and return to school in an envelope marked "PTA Membership."
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Join the PTA and attend meetings
- Connect to EDW by joining us for schools events throughout the year
- EDW Community Carnival
- Yearbook committee / photographer
- Media Center
- Vision & Hearing Screening
- Count box tops
- Collect General Mills box tops. Turn these into the school office, or send them to school with your child.
- Donate directly to EDW PTA at Give MN.
- Do you shop at Amazon? Sign up for AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), and they will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to our selected charity. Choose Emmet D. Williams. Sign into AmazonSmile to choose your charity today!
PTA Board for 2018-2019
For more information about EDW PTA, or how to get involved, please contact:
President: Christine Friberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President Elect: Clare Sorman email@example.com
Secretary: Melinda Bianchet firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Jess Anderson Lewis email@example.com
Your PTA offers ways for you to stay informed and help shape our children’s education and future.
Emmet D. Williams (EDW) Parent Teacher Association is a volunteer organization in Roseville, Minnesota. Our community members work together to support our students in the best way possible. We promote a strong and supportive school community.
What does the Emmet D. Williams PTA do?
The main role of the PTA is to build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and the school, in support of students. This includes recruiting and coordinating volunteers, organizing parent education events, planning teacher appreciation activities and more. The PTA is also responsible for community building and fundraising events throughout the year to assist our staff and community in offering our children more opportunities.
Why be involved?
Children receive a strong, positive message that school is important each time they see you volunteer. Your kids want to share their school with the people most important to them...YOU!
- Get connected to what is happening at EDW
- Guest speakers present on topics relevant to our children & school
- Meet other parents, teachers, and school staff
- Help make positive changes at our school
- Assist in deciding how our fundraising dollars are best spent
- It is your school … your PTA
When are meetings held?
Join us for in-person updates and discussions with our principal, teachers, staff, and guest speakers from various education and service areas. Free childcare provided. Please consider becoming a member for a small yearly fee, all EDW PTA members have voting rights.
- Stay tuned for 2018-19 meeting schedule
How does EDW PTA raise funds?
- EDW Community Carnival
- Grants from Community Organizations
- General Mills Boxtops
- Donations from EDW families and friends
Our Support Goes Straight Back to Our Kids
The EDW PTA provides funds to our school to assist our teachers and community in offering our children more educational opportunities. All funds raised go directly back to the school for education and technology enrichment. Thanks to our ﬁnancial support our kids have:
• Artist-in-Residence Programs • Science Programs / Fair • Lunch Program Assistance • Deep Portage assistance • Field Trip Scholarships • School Plays • Teacher and Staff Grants • Special Education Support • Physical Education Support • Technology Assistance • Support for Schools CARES / Spirit programs