NLP and IR have been closely linked to e-commerce applications since the early days of the fields. This close relationship between the two is evidenced by early publications as well as the growing number of recent publications at the intersection of the two areas.
Today, NLP and IR play a significant role in e-commerce tasks, including product search, recommender systems, product question answering, sentiment analysis, product description and review summarization, chatbots and shopping assistants, and customer review processing, amongst many other tasks being investigated by researchers in the field. These methods play a key part in today's online retail and shopping landscape, and continue to evolve and further enhance the customer experience.
The ECNLP workshop aims to provide a venue for the dissemination of NLP/IR research related to e-commerce and online shopping, bringing together researchers from both academia and industry.
Information about the workshop's topics of interest can be found in the Call for Papers.
News and Updates:
- 12-May: The proceedings are now online, get them here!
- 10-May: The workshop schedule has been posted on the Program page!
- 10-May: We expect to have the proceedings available by this coming Monday
- 26-Feb: Notifications have been sent to authors.
- 06-Feb: Submissions deadline further extended to Feb 19, 2019
- 29-Jan: Submissions deadline extended to Feb 5, 2019 due to multiple requests
- Submission Deadline:
Feb 1, 2019Feb 19, 2019 (extended)
- Acceptance Notification: Feb 25, 2019
- Camera-ready versions: Mar 3, 2019
- Workshop: May 14, 2019 (full-day workshop)
For questions/queries regarding the workshop or submission, please contact: