If you are interested in participating in the BBQ please fill out the form below. Please also be advised that there is a $5.00 entry fee that must be paid upon arrival. Please read all rule
- The entry fee to the contest is $5.00
- There are only 20 spots available. These are given on a first come first serve basis
- All entries must be submitted before the event
- Each Contestant will be provided an area
- Each team must consist of 1-4 members. You may have more individuals assisting but only four(4) will be considered official team members.
- No big rigs will be allowed. Only backyard type grills will be permitted.
- Only one grill per team
- Each team must provide their own meat and equipment need to participate (no electricity will be provided)
- Contestants must provide their own tables, chairs and tents if so desired.
- Fires may not be built on the ground
- Health inspector is to be regarded as a member the judging panel
- Upon arrival please check-in to get your space and contestant number
- No vehicles of any kind in cooking area after your setup is complete (this includes golf cart, go karts, and bikes)
- No animals in cooking area
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL
- ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS
- Judging containers will be provided
- The preferred set up time is from 9:30-11:30; you may arrive at anytime after 9:30 but all food must be ready by 12:50
- A mandatory captain meeting will be conducted at 11:45 to go over rules and any last minute questions.
- Judging will begin promptly at 1:00 pm
- Each entry must include one (1) rack of beef or pork ribs, eight (8) pieces of chicken (legs and thighs only), and six (6) hamburgers with or without fixings
- Meat may be pre-seasoned or marinated before the event
- Contest will be judge by three (3) outside individuals
- Food will be judged on a point system. Each judging category will be worth ten (10) points, for an overall 40 points. Each meat will be judged in a separate category and be awarded it's own points.
- Food will be judged on taste, tenderness, appearance, and whether it is properly cooked.
- If for any reason the event will be canceled, all participants will be notified by 5:00 pm the day before.