How can massage therapy benefit me?
- Reduces stress, tension, anxiety, and depression
- Reduces headaches, back aches, and stiff necks
- Helps arthritis
- Enhances well-being by release of endorphins
- Helps reduce muscular knots
- Can be beneficial in the release of pinched nerves
- Increases circulation
- Helps eliminate toxins from body
- Promotes better sleep
- May lower blood pressure
- Relaxing atmosphere and just plain feels great!
How to prepare for your massage
- You'll be asked to fill out a short health history. I'll also ask about your personal needs and what you hope to attain from your session.
- You'll be led into a serene room and asked to undress to your comfort level. You may leave your clothes on if you wish but better access to the muscles is achieved with less clothing. You will be draped with a sheet at all times, only uncovering the area being worked on.
- Massage releases toxins from the body, so it is advisable to drink plenty of water after your massage.
- Penny personally keeps conversations to a minimum during your session to allow you to relax. But, you are encouraged to ask questions before, during and after your massage. Feedback is much desired and requested.
- Please turn your cell phones off. All outside interferences are minimized to assist your relaxation.
- As a courtesy, you may receive a phone call or email prior to your session to confirm your appointment.
- If under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or bring a waiver signed by a parent before your session.
- "The core of massage lies in its unique way of communication without words....When receiving a good massage a person usually falls into a mental-physical state difficult to describe. It is like entering a special room until now locked and hidden away." Reference: Healing Massage Techniques by Fran Tappan
Calm your mind....relax your body....soothe your soul and enjoy your experience.